Re: emacs-25 eaa0058: Improve documentation of 'gnutls-verify-error'

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: emacs-25 eaa0058: Improve documentation of 'gnutls-verify-error'
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 15:54:08 -0400

On Wed, 10 May 2017 09:26:09 +0200 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> address@hidden (Eli Zaretskii) writes:
>> (defcustom gnutls-verify-error nil
>> -  "If non-nil, this should be a list of checks per hostname regex or t."
>> +  "If non-nil, this should be t or a list of checks per hostname regex.

MA> Wouldn't this be a candidate for connection-local variables?

MA> Ted?

Yes!

It's on my TODO list, I promise. I want to finish the GnuTLS work first.

I am sure that doing settings ad-hoc in each gnutls-* variable is the
wrong way long-term and the connection-local profiles are the right way,
so the necessary work now is to rewrite the gnutls-* settings but keep
backwards compatibility.

If anyone is interested, go for it... otherwise, I'll work on it when I
have a chance. Thanks!

Ted