Re: SIGCHLD in vfork child context

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: SIGCHLD in vfork child context
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 01:58:37 -0700

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
It seems that calling waitpid from the SIGCHLD handler results in
ECHILD in the vfork child context

Why is the vfork child process getting a SIGCHLD signal? That process doesn't have any children. Is the macOS kernel simply buggy? If so, I suggest adding a short explanation of the situation to this comment:

+    /* Call the SIGCHLD handler in case we have received SIGCHLD in
+       the vfork child context.  The signal mask is restored by
+       unblock_child_signal below.  */

If not, then I don't understand the situation....

+    (*action.sa_handler) (SIGCHLD);

No need for the * and the first set of parens. I.e., this is OK:

    action.sa_handler (SIGCHLD);

Otherwise, looks OK; thanks.