Re: Source tree structure question (new-B)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Source tree structure question (new-B)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 08:50:39 -0400

> My own SWAG is that one group involves the implementation of the elisp
> LANGUAGE, while the other implements features of the EDITOR.

That's the idea, yes: things in lisp/emacs-lisp are supposed to be
packages improving the Elisp language itself (hence things like edebug,
CL, avl-tree, ...).

But it's a judgment call.  E.g. I put smie.el in there but nowadays
I think it rather belongs in lisp/progmodes.

> But, before I do any damage, it would be good to see an explanation
> in writing!

Not sure what kind of damage you have in mind, but usually the location
of an Elisp package has no significant impact anyway.

        Stefan