Re: [elpa] scratch/add-vdiff 0f640d3 007/258: Add header info

From: Justin Burkett
Subject: Re: [elpa] scratch/add-vdiff 0f640d3 007/258: Add header info
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 11:54:58 -0400

>Does it also support remote files, like ediff? This is ediff's killer feature
>for me.

Michael,

I don't believe there should be many differences (if any) between
vdiff and ediff with respect to remote files. vdiff has a similar
design to ediff here. It loads the content of the files into the
buffers and performs the diff on the buffers' content. Using tramp
remote files should be handled transparently. I can't do any testing
right now though.

Best, Justin