RE: nxml-mode: Derive from prog-mode instead of text-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: nxml-mode: Derive from prog-mode instead of text-mode
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 10:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

> Huh?  make-sparse-keymap doesn't "divorced [ordinary characters] from
> their usual self-insert meaning". Are you maybe thinking of
> `suppress-keymap`?

Yes, sorry.  (There are 91 occurrences of `suppress-keymap'.)

And I didn't notice that `dired-mode-map' now sets its parent
to `special-mode-map' (which does `suppress-keymap', which
`dired-mode-map' used to do).

Since Emacs 24, Dired already essentially inherits from
`special-mode', without doing so explicitly.  It gets the
map, but not the hook, and it overwrites most of the map.
It won't be any more useless for it to just inherit from
`special-mode'.  Sorry for the noise.