Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:39:34 -0700

From: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 11:40:46 +0000

All I'm suggesting is that the impact of such changes should be
measured, and that startup time in batch mode isn't everything.

Startup time in batch mode isn't everything, but if it's a frequent
use case in which even relatively short delays are tangible, we should
try to find a way of minimizing those delays.

I'm in a position to rebase my portable dumper patch. The last few months have been, er, interesting.