Re: idle timer and current syntax-table

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: idle timer and current syntax-table
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 11:12:16 +0200

On Thu, May 18 2017, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>> It somehow makes sense, since there's no buffer associated with it.
>
> It normally runs in whatever buffer is current in the selected window.

Current when the timer is registered, or when fired?

I'm seeing this when setting an idle timer from a dbus method hook _and_
the idle timer is fired when I'm a message.el buffer.

The message buffer has a working syntax table, but this is not what I'm
seeing in the timer func. _Another_ buffer must be current.