Re: kill-matching-buffers without confirmation

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: kill-matching-buffers without confirmation
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 13:18:45 +0000

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:03 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The suggestions to wrap `kill-matching-buffers' with `cl-letf' or `flet'
>> are overkill - misguided, IMHO.
> Using cl-letf is one of the valid ways.  I wouldn't call it an
> overkill.  It instead precisely does what the OP needed without have
> to rewrite the whole function in the user's config.

No, not "precisely".  It does more than you want.  E.g. it will also
affect other threads which could be running at the same time, or any
other piece of code that might run during this dynamic scope (e.g. while
debugging this code).

TIL. Thanks.

It's good we can use such a workaround when there's no other solution,
but let's not design things in a way that requires the use of such hacks.

I agree.

The OP hasn't weighed in yet. But if it needs to be fixed, OP should file a bug report requesting that.

Else, he can simply redefine the function in the config as Drew suggested.
--

Kaushal Modi