Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 17:44:34 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 12:59:19 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > OK, here's a first draught.  I've written some documentation for
> > cc-mode.texi, but I'm not happy about its state at the moment.

> But that doesn't help asm-mode, haskell-mode, js-mode, pascal-mode,
> .... solve that same problem ;-(

Hey, don't be like that!

It's a relatively small patch (a little over 150 lines) which doesn't
disrupt the smooth running of the mode.

Any of these other modes could take ideas from this patch, though there
is nothing profound or original in it.

Perhaps you could outline in some detail how your proposed universal
solution might work.  How big would it be?  How would it fit into CC
Mode and those other modes?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).