Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 021430f: New commands: find-library-other-windo

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 021430f: New commands: find-library-other-window, find-library-other-frame
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 15:26:18 -0400

> This package sounds pretty complicated.

Indeed, you can't replace all the *-other-window and *-other-frame
functions (and automatically create all the ones that have been missing)
once and forall without some effort.

> And also, wouldn't it step on user bindings made in C-x 4 and C-x
> 5 keymaps?

They'd need to update their .emacs to bind them in another map, yes.
Tho, IIRC, we could add some hack to try and keep some of those old
configs working as expected, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

        Stefan