Re: [ELPA] New package: dired-du

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: dired-du
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 10:37:20 +0900 (JST)

On Sat, 27 May 2017, Yuri Khan wrote:

Wouldn’t it make sense to share the cache across all Dired buffers
and persist it independently of buffer lifetimes?

I don't know.  I decided the implementation according with my use case:
i just wanted to see the actual size of my dirs in human readable units. For
this naive purpose the buffer locallity of `dired-du-dir-info' is fine.
Once other people start using the lib we might find convenient to change
those particular aspects of the implementation.

Okay.

I wonder… will it work over Tramp/ssh?
It hasn't being heavily tested, but it works for the only machine that
i can access remotely with Tramp.