Re: Smie-auto-fill doesn’t respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Smie-auto-fill doesn’t respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 15:20:35 -0600

>    (let (compos comin)
> -    ;; If we are not inside a comment and we only auto-fill comments,
> -    ;; don't do anything (unless no comment syntax is defined).
> +    ;; If we are not inside a comment don't do anything (unless no
> +    ;; comment syntax is defined).
>      (unless (and comment-start
> -              comment-auto-fill-only-comments
>                (not (called-interactively-p 'interactive))
>                (not (save-excursion
>                       (prog1 (setq compos (comment-beginning))

Stefan> I think we want to remove the whole test: this `unless` is there
Stefan> specifically in order to do nothing if we're outside of comments and
Stefan> comment-auto-fill-only-comments is non-nil.  But now the
Stefan> "comment-auto-fill-only-comments is non-nil" case is already handled
Stefan> outside, so we can just always do the auto-fill as if
Stefan> comment-auto-fill-only-comments were nil.

I looked at this, but I don't really understand this code, and there
were more spots in the function that seemed to be affected by the setq
in the snippet above; so consequently I think someone else ought to do
this, and for my part I'm dropping the patch.

thanks,
Tom