Re: emacs vs emacs -nw

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: emacs vs emacs -nw
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 16:41:48 +0700

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> Could you provide an example and/or a recipe to demonstrate the issue?
>
> • Open an org file with a few headers and different header levels.
> • Select a lower level header
> • Hit M-left

I believe this last step may be a bit unclear and misleading. Today,
Meta is not a real key. You only get it via emulation from ESC or a
modifier key, normally Alt on PCs. I don’t know the convention on Mac.

On X11/GNU/Linux, I get header promotion with Alt+Left but word
navigation on Esc Left.