Re: i18n/l10n summary

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: i18n/l10n summary
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 06:52:42 +0000

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> schrieb am Fr., 2. Juni 2017 um 01:20 Uhr:
On 06/01/2017 01:17 AM, Philipp Stephani wrote:

> - Probably there's a bug lurking because the info[n] ought to be
> indexed by specification index, not argument index. Something like
> (format "%1$c %1$d" ?a) will probably do the wrong thing (untested).

Sorry, I'm not following. That call returns "a 97"; isn't that the
expected result?

Wrong example, try (format "%1$c %1$s" ?±)

And on further thought, the tradition for Emacs is to
document supported behavior and not worry about slowing Emacs down to
check for undocumented usage

Would be great to break that tradition, but that's for another discussion.