Re: docstrings and elisp reference

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: docstrings and elisp reference
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 00:42:52 +0900

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 0:11, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 17:12:37 +0900
>>
>>> Could you perhaps talk about what you see as the benefit to “an alternative
>>> to the info system, with exactly the same contents”?
>>
>> An HTML page with the whole API with visual cues.
>
> Can you elaborate on the "visual cues" part?

I mean a data set that makes full use of CSS selectors and provides visual
information about where are the function names, the arguments, the types of
arguments, etc. by using something like syntax highlighting and things like
this.

But the contents would be exclusively the docstrings, with 2 way links to the
elisp reference. I guess when we develop an extraction process for l10n, it
will be possible to implement.

Jean-Christophe