Re: docstrings and elisp reference

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: docstrings and elisp reference
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 16:46:19 +0300

> From: Yuri Khan <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0700
> Cc: Etienne Prud’homme <address@hidden>,
>       Stephen Leake <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>,
>       Drew Adams <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > And btw, I very much doubt that the (apparent) vision of having all,
> > or even most of the documentation available in a single format is
> > practically attainable anyway.  Unless that format is HTML or some
> > variant of it, because most projects provide their documentation in
> > that format, and Web browsers are ubiquitous.
>
> Dash/Zeal’s format *is* HTML, for the most part.

I don't know what you mean by "for the most part", but since it cannot
simply display a GNU manual converted to HTML by texi2any, I guess
something else is needed that a docset needs to provide that isn't
readily available.  So packages need to _want_ to provide this format,
otherwise their docs will not be viewable in Zeal.