Re: Requiring C11 breaks build with GCC 4.6.2 on Windows XP

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Requiring C11 breaks build with GCC 4.6.2 on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:45:20 +0000

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 13. Juni 2017 um 22:37 Uhr:
Why is this version test needed at all? What problem does it fix? If it
does not fix a significant problem, I would rather remove it. I've run
into too many compilers that support C well enough but do not define
__STDC_VERSION__ to an "approved" value.

I'm not opposed to removing it if you think it causes more problems than it solves. My intention was to give users of pre-C99 compilers a better error message instead of something like "header stdbool.h not found", but maybe that's not necessary.