Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 10:45:41 +0200

Hi Kaushal and Mark,

> I recently saw this commit:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=
> 49c0ff29c2e0243ba35ec17e3e3af49369be43db on emacs master branch.
>
> It caught my attention because I haven't seen any commits for
> org-mode functional changes in emacs master. The org-related commits
> in emacs master are usually ones for compatibility with emacs master.
>
> Not knowing the "right way", I am just confirming if commits like
> these should go to org master ( http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/
> org-mode.git/log/ ) instead.

For *every* org commit, committers should first consider committing
(1) to the Org maint branch, then (2) to the Org master branch, then
(3) to the Emacs repo.

We don't discourage commits made directly in the Emacs repo, because
we are glad people fix things there too, but life would be a little
easier if all commits would go to upstream first.

In this particular case, the commit should go on Org master.  (No
need to delete it from Emacs.)

About the functionality itself, I just gave a quick look, but it
feels like (org-agenda-redo t) should be responsible for doing what
`org-agenda-redo-all' is doing, and we need to carefully check that
checking all buffers is a good idea.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien