Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:33:52 +0200

Hi Kyle and all,

For this particular case, I suggest (1) reverting the commit in Emacs
master branch, (2) discussing it on the orgmode list and (3) appling
it to Org master branch.

IIRC this is the first problematic commit we have in Emacs, so I don't
want to make a rule--let's just say that such important changes should
go upstream first.

As for sync'ing Org latest stable release (9.0.8) with Emacs master
branch, I'm ready to do it now (thanks Kyle and Kaushal for your work
on keeping Org ready for this!)

For Emacs maintainers, here is a document with an overview of critical
Org changes since Org >=8.3.

I speak under the control of Nicolas, who did the bulk of the work,
but to my knowledge, none of these six changes causes any trouble now.
Only the first two were problematic when they were first proposed, but
they are good changes, and users are happy with them now.

Once Eli and John sends the green light I'm fine to send a patch.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien