Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:00:53 -0400

Kyle Meyer wrote:

> The issue is that, if we backport to Org's master branch, the changes in
> Emacs's master branch will be reverted when synced with the release from
> Org's maint branch.

That's only true if an Org "sync" is yet again going to be just a dump
of the files from Org on top of the ones in Emacs. As has been explained
before, this is not how to do it. In relevant branch of the Org repo,
construct the diff between the current revision and the last revision
that was synced with Emacs. Then apply that diff to Emacs.

It really seems to me that keeping code in two repositories does not
benefit either users or developers (witness the apparent problems caused
by one single, simple commit). Did the project to include elpa packages
in Emacs releases stall?