Re: (emacs-version) in the Elisp reference

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: (emacs-version) in the Elisp reference
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:25:23 +0900

> On Jun 21, 2017, at 7:55, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> (why hardcode values that do not correspond to the current manual?)
>
> Becuase they are just illustrative examples, and nothing would be gained
> by changing them to always refer to the current version.

In that case, I beg to differ. They are in the elisp reference manual to
illustrate the values of functions or variables. When you read the manual in
the Emacs whose version corresponds to the manual (as it is supposed to be the
case) and you evaluate them, there are no reasons why they would not reflect
the actual numbers of the Emacs version.

Jean-Christophe