Re: (emacs-version) in the Elisp reference

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: (emacs-version) in the Elisp reference
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:39:41 +0900

On Jun 21, 2017, at 11:35, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

to use EMACSVER?  Texinfo doesn't have text-processing function to
extract the major and minor version numbers from a version string.
Are we going to introduce 2 more variables?  If so, how will we update
them when producing a release?  We do that automatically for EMACSVER.

Given this complexity, I think you can understand Glenn's response.

I understand. Too bad.

Jean-Christophe