Re: org-merger questions

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: org-merger questions
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:04:26 +0200

Hi Kyle,

Thanks again.  I synced your suggested changes.

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that etc/ORG-NEWS, od-manifest-schema-v1.2-os.rnc, and
> od-schema-v1.2-os.rnc all required whitespace cleanups.  These cleanups
> are now included in Org's maint (and cherry-picked to the emacs-sync branch).

Indeed.  Those were the ones it complained about.

>> A few problems in scratch/org-mode-merge:
>
> [...]
>
>>   * I made the mistake of not looking at ORG-NEWS for backports, so
>>     scratch/org-mode-merge is reverting a few Emacs commits here.  I'll
>>     backport these
>
> I've backported all the changes to ORG-NEWS in maint (and cherry-picked
> them to the emacs-sync branch).
>
> Please consider using Org files from the emacs-sync branch instead of
> the release_9.0.9 tag.  The emacs-sync branch is a superset of the last
> release, but it contains a few more changes that are specific for Emacs.

Cool.  Thanks a lot.  As said in the previous post, I didn’t use this
branch.

> You can see these changes in the Org repo with
>
>     git diff release_9.0.9..origin/emacs-sync
>
> (This diff also includes the whitespace cleanup and ORG-NEWS backports
> that were cherry-picked to emacs-sync because they are in the maint
> branch after release_9.0.9 but should be in the 9.0.9 sync.)

I updated the files in question to the "emacs-sync" version.

I had to change the version in orgcard.tex as it wasn’t 9.0.9.

>> [...] and I can also add your ORG-NEWS formatting changes to the Org repo.
>
> I don't understand the formatting changes made in 5cfdf8dd17 (; Fix
> ORG-NEWS formatting in previous commit, 2017-06-22).  Aside from fixing
> the alignment of a table that already seems correct in Org's ORG-NEWS,
> all the changes seem to be space to tab conversions.  Are these
> necessary?

I must have done a mistake.  ORG-NEWS seems to always change when I open
with my normal Emacs configuration.  So I redid the whitespace cleanup
with "emacs -q" but apparently that also induced unnecessary changes.

Thanks for fixing this!

Rasmus

--
Enough with the blah blah!