Re: Native display of line numbers, improved

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers, improved
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 23:23:15 +0200

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 20:27:07 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, I've updated the scratch/line-numbers branch with several bugfixes
> and some new features.
[...]
> Comments and bug reports are welcome.  Apart of fixing bugs and
> perhaps implementing the visual line counting, the only changes I plan
> to commit before landing this on master is proper documentation in the
> 2 manuals.  Otherwise, the feature is complete from my POV, so here's
> your chance to give it a ride before it lands.

When the buffer ends with a newline and point is on it, no line number
is displayed on the left, though with line-number-mode enabled the mode
line does display the line number.  Also, with display-line-numbers set
to 'relative, it looks a bit odd to see relative numbering starting
above an empty unnumbered line.

Steve Berman