Re: Native display of line numbers, improved

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers, improved
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:41:38 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 18:10:10 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 16:34:36 +0200
>>
>> > Maybe you changed the face with defface, in which case you should keep
>> > the :inherit part, because AFAIK text-scale-adjust doesn't scale every
>> > face, only some of them and those which inherit from those few.
>>
>> I used the Customize interface and kept :inherit.  Here's a screenshot
>> showing what I did and the effect:
>
> This shows your face inherits from font-lock-comment-face.  It should
> inherit from line-number instead.  Or from the default face.  When I
> do one of those, the scaling works as you expected.

Got it, thanks.  Is this documented?  I just looked again at the
references to text-scale-adjust and face customization in the Emacs user
manual and the sections on face attributes and face remapping in the
Elisp manual, and saw nothing from which I could infer the correct
procedure in this case (though the doc of face remapping is complicated,
so perhaps I missed or misunderstood the relevant information).

Steve Berman