Re: Native display of line numbers, improved

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers, improved
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:25:24 +0300

> From: Alex <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:41:19 -0600
>
> Is there going to be a minor mode in the merged version? It would be
> nice to have a display-line-numbers-mode-hook to attach the above to.

I have nothing against a minor mode, but I think it would be wrong for
me to code it.  It should be done by those who really use the line
numbers, and thus have experience and understanding of the interactive
and UI aspects of it.

IOW, feel free to submit the patches for that once the stuff lands on
master.