How to block tests on hydra

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: How to block tests on hydra
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 13:48:51 +0200

Hi,

recent changes of Tramp block the test on hydra in
gnu:emacs-trunk:coverage. I've instrumented test/Makefile.in in order to
see the output of tramp-tests, and it looks like the blocking test is
tramp-test36-asynchronous-requests. It works properly when running locally.

Well, I have worked on this test the last two weeks. Problems in this
test have always been bad timings and race conditions. In order to find
the cause on hydra, I would need to add traces to this test case again
and again. This would take time; I would not be surprised, if it will
take one or two weeks.

Would it be OK to block all the other Emacs tests on hydra for that
time? If not, I will skip the test if it detecs hydra environment, and
we won't know ever what's behind.

Best regards, Michael.