Re: VC menu ?

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 07:27:12 -0400

Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> writes:

> Why is the VC menu hidden in the Tool menu when it's such an important item
> in an emacs workflow? Couldn't we have VC as a standard base menu?
>
> I just discovered that the command John Wiegley suggested to use in an
> answer to a recent query of mine was *right under my nose* in the
> Tools/Version Control menu. If the VC menu had been next to Tool (just
> like other mode menus are) I would have probably tried a few commands
> there before asking...

Yes, and let's further add top-level menu items for every other
important tool in Emacs workflows.  That way, the menu shows every
useful thing at once, and is simultaneously cumbersome to the point of
unusability.

Sarcasm aside, if you had ever flipped through the Emacs manual or
scrolled through a list of keybindings, you would have been aware of VC.