Re: VC menu ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 21:25:51 +0900

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 21:20, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Jul 06 2017, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Like what ? I checked the Tools menu and besides for VC I could not find
>> anything as important as *version control* there. Plus, considering that
>> every major mode puts its menu there, it would be very welcome to have VC
>> automatically at the top level when working on vc-ed files. Maybe *that* had
>> escaped your logic.
>
> VC isn't a major mode.

:) I know VC is not a major mode. And I know that I don't have any VC-related
major mode on my git files, so I would appreciate that VC is put somewhere
prominent when I work on vc-ed files, or anytime for that matter.

Now, of course, I can do that with configurations etc. But we're arguing here
that the VC menu is equivalent to the Games menu, or to the Directory Server
menu... That's seems very silly to me.

Jean-Christophe