Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 14:47:22 +0000

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:12 AM Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
Agreed. Magit in particular adds a steep learning curve to Git's.

I felt just the contrary. I would have never used hunk-based staging, cherry-picking, interactive rebasing (re-ordering, squashing, amending commits older than HEAD, etc) had I not come across Magit.

(It's so convenient that I can commit stuff to Org mode repo using Magit on my phone as ssh port is blocked at work.)

It's
good software and fun to use, but it's definitely not a good *general*
interface (which I'm assuming RMS meant).
--

Kaushal Modi