Re: VC menu ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 18:23:32 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 15:51:46 +0900
>
> Why is the VC menu hidden in the Tool menu when it's such an important item
> in an emacs workflow? Couldn't we have VC as a standard base menu?

We are trying not to put too many items on the top-level menu, since
various modes add their own items.  For example, Dired adds 5 items.

As for discoverability: Emacs is so large that it's entirely
impossible to show all of its important features in the menus.  We are
lucky we have found the current arrangement, which shows many of them,
albeit not at top level.