Re: Trying out GitLab (was Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit)

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Trying out GitLab (was Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 12:55:51 -0400

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 17:27:18 +0900, Tino Calancha wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, Nicolas Petton wrote:
>> If that's of any interest, I would gladly setup an instance for us to try.
> He and Ted already set up one:
> https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emacs

The use of gitlab.com's instance for hosting is fine, but one of the
issues discussed on this list was that of CI:  Using gitlab.com for CI is
relying on a third party to do your computing, which is
SaaSS.  Howerver, if GNU hosted its own GitLab instance on its own
servers, there would be no such issue.

Having the FSF sysadmins work with GNU to set up a GitLab instance is
what I was referring to.  (I'm not aware of any plans to do so atm.)
Obviously if it's also used for CI for GNU projects then it would need
considerable resources, and I have no idea what is even currently
available.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer