Re: VC menu ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 10:25:56 +0900

On Jul 7, 2017, at 0:23, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

We are trying not to put too many items on the top-level menu, since
various modes add their own items.  For example, Dired adds 5 items.

I saw that. Wow. Maybe modes should be limited in the number of menu slots they use...

Re. VC vs dired, I guess VC would not be in the top menu when Emacs is in Dired mode (is there a used for vc-ing a directory buffer ?)

And really, Dired should use a master menu item and put all it's stuff there. Here is for the "discoverability" proponents ;)

Jean-Christophe