Re: extracting a zip archive via elisp (with no external executables)

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: extracting a zip archive via elisp (with no external executables)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 19:51:19 +0100

On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 03:26:10PM +0300, Saulius Menkevičius wrote:
> There is arc-mode.el but it references existing binaries that should
> be available on the system (unzip, 7zip, etc.)
>
> Those executables are (usually) present on UNIX systems on $PATH,
> but on Windows I am out of luck, apparently.

I’m not aware of any way to do this without using an external binary,
but that’s not very hard. You can grab a Windows version of unzip from

    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/unzip.htm

and either add it’s directory to the windows PATH or put the files
into an existing location on the PATH, like maybe into the Emacs
install’s bin directory.

--
Alan Third