Re: In defense of VC [was: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: In defense of VC [was: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:34:22 +0200

> I regard this as a feature of vc-dir. Usually, I keep several modified
> files I don't want to commit immediately. Selecting the files to be
> committed by a mark is exactly what fits my workflow.

It seems like there's two different workflows here: Some people keep
work in progress going on some files while wanting to commit other
files, while other people only have a single thing going (perhaps over
many files) and always wants to commit all changed files.

This sounds like it should be a user-level switch in vc that would
control whether the default is to commit all changes or just the current
file, I think.