Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 05:29:18 -0400

  > Proactively contacting elisp developers to ask them if they would
  > consider a copyright assignment (mentioning the benefit of potential
  > bundling with Emacs, along with the rest of the implications) seems much
  > more OK to me.

That would entail searching for people who are just starting packages
and sending each one mail.  I agree it would give better results -- if
we could do it.  But it would be a lot of work.  Who would do the
work?  And how would we find people that are just starting
to get contributions to their packages?

It isn't better if it isn't feasible.

--
Dr Richard Stallman