Re: Native line numbers landed on master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Native line numbers landed on master
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:24:13 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:00:55 +0200
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem or intended design:

Not consciously intended, just the "natural" thing.

> If I customize line-number-current-line to have a background colour,
> then when the current line is wrapped, the current line number and the
> empty space(s) below it have that backround applied. I was hoping to
> have that apply just to the line number itself.

Are you talking about display-line-numbers set to t, and then about
the empty field displayed for continuation lines, which show no
numbers?  Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by "empty
space(s) below it".

If you indeed mean continuation lines, I'd like to hear from others
what they think about this use case.  Displaying the empty fields in a
face different from the number itself is some work, but I will do it
if that's the "popular demand".

> In any case, it's a minor issue, I've removed nlinum from my
> setup. Thanks for your work on this Eli.

You are welcome, and thanks for the feedback.