Re: Native line numbers landed on master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Native line numbers landed on master
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 20:23:04 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:16:29 -0400
>
> > Without this being documented anywhere (AFAICS), how can we ever hope
> > to educate our users (starting with myself) about this?
>
> It's way down the list in terms of importance, really.
> Basically outside of cl-flet and cl-labels it's just a stylistic choice.
> It's just that several "recent changes" (i.e. starting with Emacs-24)
> have influenced at least my style and apparently that of some others
> as well.

As long as we (or, rather, you) tell others to prefer that style, it's
not way down the list.  Because stuff that is way down the list
shouldn't be mentioned when we review code, IMO.  We should be
consistent in these matters: either they are important, or they
aren't; in the latter case they are just personal preferences that
should stay personal.  IMO, at least.