Re: In Support of ELPA

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: In Support of ELPA
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:15:25 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think, though, this is still a bit clunky. I think it would be nice to
>> add support for MELPA recipes directly in ELPA. This was adding an MELPA
>> package to ELPA would require simply copying the recipe from MELPA.
>
> I find it is important for GNU ELPA not to *pull* from outside hosts
> that are not under our control.  Instead code should be pushed to it by
> people who have write access (hence take on the responsibility of paying
> attention to copyright and such).

If the outside host is someone who has write access to ELPA does it make
any difference? It's just a different way of trusting people.

Ultimately, pull requests of this form would result in emails going to
the ELPA-diffs mailing list, so we'd be able to check there. And, if we
can get the people who have assigned copyright as a CSV along with their
aliases, you could check the commit messages on the way through for
authorship.

Phil