Re: Some hard numbers about contributions to Magit

From: Filipe Silva
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers about contributions to Magit
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:25:15 -0300

Richard, How does that work exactly? if there's less than 15 lines per commit is it all fine? Or do you have to actually sum up all the lines of all commits done by the author to verify if he wrote a non trivial part of the program and thus the legal paperwork procedure should be triggered?

On Jul 10, 2017 20:33, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

  > https://magit.vc/stats/authors.html

I will take a look at that page.  Thanks.

  > If you are only interested in how many commits each contributor made,
  > but not how many lines s/he added/removed, then you can also use:

What matters for the purpose of legal papers is the amount of code,
rather than the number of commits.

--
Dr Richard Stallman