Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:30:07 -0400

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:04:30 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

EZ> One more thing: at least one of the functions you use is (according to
EZ> the GnuTLS manual) available only since v3.4.0, and another since
EZ> 3.2.0.  So I think we need more fine-grained conditionals for the APIs
EZ> which use those functions, or else some of them will fail the build or
EZ> cause Emacs to crash at run time.

Yeah unfortunately this is a problem, and 3.4.0 is not available on many
platforms but is the only choice on others. I will work with the other
developers to clear out these edge cases.

I'll also try to make Docker images with these specific libraries to
help me find these problems on Linux, at least.

Thanks
Ted