Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:38:39 +0200

> Jonas Bernoulli writes:
[..]
> > We need to find out what is going on in those 500 packages.
> >
> > One useful way to investigate would be to pick 10 of those packages,
> > and see what is the situation with each of them.
> >
> > Would someone please volunteer to do this?
>
> Once you have found someone to do this, s/he should contact me and I
> will provide the necessary data and/or help that person get started
> using my tools themselve.  Using those tools instead of just relying
> on a data dump would actually make the process easier. [...]

Getting it into elx-license in source code format is of course great but I
would start with just looking at a few packages as suggested to find out if
there is an overall picture, if there is any new license patterns to grep for
so to speak.

I'm initializing/updating the epkgs/mirror now so if you could provide me with
a list of the interesting packages it would be most helpful and speed things
up.

Yours
--
%% Mats