Re: Improving GNU ELPA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Improving GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:31:15 -0400

  > As I said, it doesn't avoid the problem, it just changes the nature of
  > that problem.

I have a hunch that "the problem" you are talking about is not the
same problem.  I can't verify this, because you tallk about "the
problem" tersely in the abstract, without stating concretely what
problem you mean.  But I am pretty sure it's not the one I am trying
to avoid.

                  As Stefan has said, at the moment, dealing with these
  > issues is, anyway, consider the problem of the upstream person.

I would describe that as the "easy way out".  You consider it a good
option and recommend it as a solution, but I see it as opening a can
of worms.  Thus, for me it is "the problem" and I am looking for how
we can _avoid_ it.

  > The
  > presence of push rights changes nothing if you do not use them.

Alas, I don't follow -- that is rather terse, so I don't understand
the point.  I am not sure whether I would agree or disagree, if I
understood.

--
Dr Richard Stallman