Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 17:52:59 +0300

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:58:25 +0300
>
> Using a Ubuntu 17.04 Docker image, I compiled GnuTLS from source (a
> GnuTLS 3.4.15 dev package was not available) and all the GnuTLS Emacs
> tests passed in master against it (see summary and Dockerfile attached
> below). A few of the Emacs tests failed in master, but that was not
> related to GnuTLS.
>
> Can you give me a recipe to reproduce the problem with your distribution
> and packages?

Once again, I just run the gnutls-tests file, that's all.  You can run
it interactively, if you want.

Frankly, I don't quite understand why you want to reproduce it on your
machine, since it seems to be so hard for you.  Just tell me what you
need to know, and I will collect any data you need, because I can run
this under a debugger.

> address@hidden:/tmp/emacs/test/lisp/net# grep passed gnutls-tests.log
>    passed  1/7  test-gnutls-000-availability
>    passed  2/7  test-gnutls-000-data-extractions
>    passed  3/7  test-gnutls-001-hashes-internal-digests
>    passed  4/7  test-gnutls-002-hashes-digests
>    passed  5/7  test-gnutls-003-hashes-hmacs
>    passed  6/7  test-gnutls-004-symmetric-ciphers
>    passed  7/7  test-gnutls-005-aead-ciphers

The last one fails for me, all the rest pass.