Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 18:56:08 +0300

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 21:36:31 -0700 Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

PE> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Can you tell what change in semantics could explain this failure?

PE> In principle, yes. But it would take some time for me to come up to speed
on GnuTLS.

Thanks so much for the hint, Paul. I was able to put together a Docker
image using Ubuntu 16.04 that reproduces the problem. It happens with
the OS packages of libgnutls-dev.

I'll try to put more time into chasing this, since 16.04 is a LTS
release and just requiring a newer GnuTLS will inconvenience users that
compile there. Maybe we'll have to disable AEAD ciphers there, but I
hope to find a better solution. If you have more insight into the
specific breakage, let me know, and I'll post as soon as I have useful
information.

Thanks again
Ted