Re: Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 20:54:38 +0200

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> 3 - apply the fix I offered (or another equivalent one ?)  because it makes
> the handling of environment variables case symetrical for setenv and
> getenv, and both are case insensitive.

+1

I was affected by this issue. Two hours lost trying to figure out what
the problem was an how to work around it.

There are bug reports all around about other cross-platform projects
which found the same problem. Python, for instance, uppercases all
environment variables on Windows.

Emacs should follow the conventions of the host OS.