Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:16:56 -0400

  > Also I am under the impression that things are getting better, not
  > worse.  A higher percentage of new packages specify a license than in
  > the old days.

This might be very significant.  Would you like to describe the
comparison more precisely?

For instance, what is the pool of packages you're analyzing?  All
packages in GitHub?  All Emacs packages?  Something else?

What time periods did you use for analysis, for each time period, what
was the fraction with licenses?

  >   People like Steve
  > Purcell and me have contacted hundreds and hundreds of authors over the
  > course of many years encouraging and helping them to improve their
  > packages.

Thank you very much.  It's possible that your efforts are responsible
for the improvement, if it is in Emacs packages.

--
Dr Richard Stallman