Re: Question about test failure on Hydra

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Question about test failure on Hydra
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:20:10 +0200

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 06:26:55 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> But the sexp (dired test-dir) should (and in all my test runs does)
>> put point on the first "nontrivial" file (i.e. it skips "." and
>> "..").
>
> In your case, does (dired test-dir) reads the directory anew, or does
> it revert an existing Dired buffer?  I think the place to look for the
> problem depends on the answer to this question.

(dired test-dir) reverts an existing Dired buffer, because of setting
dired-auto-revert-buffer to t.  (When I step through the code, it is
after reverting that point moves to the subdirectory line, which the
should make "sanity check" true (and does, both when I step through the
code and just run the test in any way).  When I comment out the
dired-auto-revert-buffer line, then point stays at point-min, which
makes the sanity check fail (dired-file-name-at-point returns nil),
though not in the way Hydra reports (it shows point being on the ".."
entry).)

Steve Berman