Re: DBus binding & direct connections (p2p)?

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: DBus binding & direct connections (p2p)?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 21:12:09 +0200

>> https://trac.webkit.org/browser/webkit/trunk/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/glib/RemoteInspectorClient.cpp#L160
>
> Well, this is g_dbus_connection_new_for_address, see
> <https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GDBusConnection.html#g-dbus-connection-new-for-address>.

Yes, I saw that.

> The gio implementation of D-Bus offers functions, which are not
> available in libdbus-1.so, the reference implementation we use in
> Emacs.

Ok, thanks.  I wasn't aware that the gio implementation was something
different entirely, I thought it was just wrapping libdbus.

Then I'll have to check what the Python binding is using, because the
following works just fine in Python 3:

  import dbus

  connection = dbus.connection.Connection("tcp:host=localhost,port=1234")
  res = c.call_blocking(None, "/org/webkit/Inspector", "org.webkit.Inspector",
"SetupInspectorClient", "ay", [dbus.ByteArray()])
  str = "".join(chr(byte) for byte in res)

Cheers,
Nico