Re: Question about test failure on Hydra

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Question about test failure on Hydra
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 19:17:57 +0900 (JST)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, Stephen Berman wrote:

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:39:50 +0900 Tino Calancha <address@hidden> wrote:

Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 06:26:55 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

(dired test-dir) reverts an existing Dired buffer, because of setting
dired-auto-revert-buffer to t.  (When I step through the code, it is
after reverting that point moves to the subdirectory line, which the
should make "sanity check" true (and does, both when I step through the
code and just run the test in any way).  When I comment out the
dired-auto-revert-buffer line, then point stays at point-min, which
makes the sanity check fail (dired-file-name-at-point returns nil),
When i comment out i see the point in point-max, and the test fails
same as you but: (dired-file-name-at-point returns nil)

I'm seeing point at point-max now, too, but I did see it at point-min
yesterday and also when I first tried again after reading your mail,
though, strangely, I can't reproduce that now.  I was testing with two
frames and switched back and forth between them, maybe that affects
point.
I've made last 24 hours, two commits that might have impact on the issue at hands:
6ebef3daf24c847d6f16621489ae587e98c11ec0
192342a3a93a2e467ab589ae2d1ffd5e7acf1398

though not in the way Hydra reports (it shows point being on the ".."
entry).)
If somehow, we have in such Dired buffer the point at ".." _before_
call `dired-revert', then _after_ revert the point is preserved:

Yes, but the question is, how does point get there in Hydra?
That's 1 million dollard question (but i cannot pay such amount to whom find the answer: just invite 1 icescream).

We can insert additional `should' calls in the failing tests and
wait until next hydra failoure.

(Following just add more should forms into `dired-test-bug27243-01'; we
might do the same in `dired-test-bug27243-02' and `dired-test-bug27243-03').

That's probably a good idea; can you add them?
I did, just on 'dired-test-bug27243-01' test.